What You Get
$60 for an omakase dinner for two ($75 total value)
- Miso soup and edamame
- Futsushu and nigori sake flight
- Shrimp and vegetable tempura
- Salmon kama
- 12-piece nigiri and and daily special sushi roll
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Since its 2001 opening, Chiso has been dedicated to crafting traditional Japanese fare. The Fremont restaurant makes it a point to import customary ingredients, including Japanese fish and Okinawan seaweed, for its dishes, which include Japanese appetizers called ippins.
Know Your Ippin
Chiso's ippin selection includes staples of Japanese cuisine, such as shrimp and pork gyoza. However, the restaurant also serves more obscure items with distinct flavors, such as free-range chicken wings with shichimi peppers and lime juice and chawanmushi, a savory egg custard made with seafood and shiitake mushrooms.
Although Chiso offers dishes ranging from chirashi to tempura, sushi remains the menu's star. Imported fish and seasonal, locally sourced ingredients come together in maki, nigiri, and sashimi rolls, such as the gari saba, made with fresh mackerel complemented by spicy ginger and shiso leaf.