- C$29 for a two-hour Chocolate Social (C$65 value)
The social is held at The Wine Bar, Tequila Bookworm, Poetry Jazz Cafe, PicNic Wine Bar, The Corktown Pub, The Winking Judge, Alleycatz, Paint Box Bistro, and The Gladstone Hotel; click here for a schedule.
Each social includes:
- Brief history of the pairing of alcohol and chocolate
- Chocolate tasting and pairing
- Truffle-making session
- Paint your own edible picture of a cocoa tree to take home
- Truffle box to take home
- Discounts on cocktails and wines at the bar
The chocolatiers at Chocolate Tales love a sweet bit a cocoa, but they love bringing people together even more. That's why they host chocolate parties, innovative events that combine the hands-on fun of chocolate making with the laid-back ambiance of a social gathering. The owner was inspired by his time in Europe, and brought back the continent's shared love of quality chocolates and social camaraderie, before adding his own, unique spin. There are events for all ages—kids can celebrate Halloween or Easter by making seasonal treats, and grown-ups hand-roll truffles and learn which drinks best pair with their gourmet chocolates.