During two-hour workshop customers will create their own sculpture that can enhance any tabletop in their home or office
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- During a two-hour class customers will create a sculpture made in steel, stainless steel, or aluminum.
- Materials, tools, and equipment are included.
- Customers will have access to welding equipment, hand tools, and sanders for cutting and finishing and personal guidance by Chris. At the beginning, he will provide information on the equipment and instruction on designing and making the sculpture. At all times, emphasis is placed on personal safety, including wearing masks and permitting only non-alcoholic beverages.
- The purpose of the studio session is for the customer to create a tabletop sculpture that expresses their own vision. Finished pieces make wonderful additions to home or gifts to family and friends.
- Students will be given the opportunity to make either a figurative or an abstract piece and to select metal pieces from an assortment provided to them. Then they will decide how they are to be assembled, using clamps and vises, and joined by welding.
- During the studio visit, Chris will guide the customers through the process of making a sculpture. He will answer all the questions and show examples of the kind of sculpture customers will make.
- Classes are limited to 2 persons. Studio times are from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Gift certificates are available and are redeemable for one year.
- About the instructor: Chris is a recognized professional sculptor with a portfolio that includes public and private sculptures. He has exhibited in the Chicagoland area and many other locations. He has taught sculpture and design at the college level, including the Cleveland Institute of Art. Click here to view the works.
About Chris Newman Sculpture
Chris Newman's mission is to create sculpture that captures the viewers’ attention through its forms, size, and colors. His sculptures resemble enlarged parts of furniture, machines, or buildings. Chris specializes in large-scale outdoor sculptures that add an element to the surrounding environment. In addition to creating impressive works of art, Chris conducts sculpture workshops, as he enjoys sharing his knowledge and inspire beginner artists.