Today's Groupon makes your regular skin a many-chromed and showy skin of unparalleled pomp after you get $80 worth of tattoo services for $40 at Cicada Tattoo. Cicada Tattoo is a hygienic and comfortable inkwell with experienced artists who can tat incredibly precise drawings, vibrant plants and animals, inventive cartoon figures, abstract patterns, and deadly skeletal gnomes with unparalleled skill and dexterity. Click here to view the work of Cicada's five artists see their availability.
While tattoo prices vary dramatically based on size, detail, color, and the time it takes the tattoo artist, your Groupon is roughly good for a small, simple design (star, name, cross, etc.) that may take between 20 to 40 minutes. If you've got your eyes set on something larger, use your Groupon toward an inky masterpiece, whether it's a detailed portrait of Jimmy Smits from NYPD Blue on your chest or an abstract study of Jimmy Smits from season three of Dexter on your back.
A permanently etched epidermis masterpiece can be the perfect way to express yourself, preserve a memory, or remember a special someone without pouring liquor onto a sidewalk or creating a memorial airbrush T-shirt. Cicada's artists will work with you to figure out the glowing lines and sparkling colors you want to make the most personal statements or match your clothes around in the morning. Getting a tattoo might hurt—but not as much as the pain of heartbreak—and the procedure is pretty safe from infection when performed by licensed tattooists following hygienic practices, according to the CDC.
Yelpers give Cicada Tattoo a perfect five stars:
- I have lost my tattoo virginity, and I am more than glad to say that I lost it here! Will and Miah are the nicest guys…made me feel comfortable. – Alice C.
- My decision to go to…Cicada Tattoo was also not based on a whim. After years of thinking about my design, I wanted to make sure that the piece…looked exactly like what I had in my mind…I knew I could trust him to perfect the design and permanently put it on my body. And by Jove, I was right. – Emily T.
- The experience was great - very clean, very personable, totally awesome...I've been to a lot of different artists and shops in the last 15 years and this one is one of the best. – Martha G.
Every American knows that our presidents are tattooed with the seal of their office on Inauguration Day, but did you know that many non-president Americans also choose to become tattooed? Here are some famous Americans who were both non-president and tattooed:
- Benjamin Franklin: Many Americans mistakenly believe that this founding father and town drunk served as president, but in fact, he was too busy writing clever aphorisms and being drunk to do so. Franklin was, however, tattooed with an image of an eagle with his own head across his chest. He called the eagle Sperry.
- Spiro Agnew: This alliterative vice president never became president because he was forced to resign due to a bribery scandal stemming from his tenure as governor of Maryland. He had a tattoo of a salt shaker on his forearm.
- Benjamin Harrison: He was never president. Never. Especially not between 1889 and 1893. To help him remember directions, he had the words right and left tattooed on his respective hands.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
10309 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, Washington 98133Get Directions