All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
January 23, 2015
September 5, 2014
August 18, 2014
What You'll Get
For $25, today's side deal gets you $50 worth of seasonal fare at Circa in the Marina district.
- Sink your teeth into local, sustainable New American fare prepared by chef Amy Glaze, who trained with greats like Eric Ripert and Guy Savoy
- Taste quick bites like the mini chicken and chorizo tacos ($7), pork bun sliders ($8) or lobster and white truffle mac 'n' cheese ($13–$18), a diner favorite
- Enjoy a variety of seasonal salads, such as the heirloom, baby carrot and sugar snap pea salad ($7) or strawberry and shredded chicken salad ($9)
- Entrees range from grilled mahi mahi ($19) to Creekstone ribeye steak frites ($24), paired with tasty sides like truffle parmesan fries ($5.50) or farro risotto ($5)
- Upscale, cozy atmosphere with sleek wooden tables and gold-hued décor
- Groupon is good for food items only; brunch and Saturday dinner are excluded
While reviewers are mixed on the service and dishes over the past few years, Circa is now under the direction of a new chef. After recent dining experiences, Yelpers give Circa a 3.5-star average, and OpenTable reviewers give it a 3.3-star average:
- tried 2 of the fish dishes: butterfish and Ono. Both tough to execute well, yet she did much more than just succeed - I was impressed. Atmosphere was relaxed and heated up as the night wore on and the bar got busier. – David A., Yelp
- The interior was contemporary and beautiful. The service perfect and the chef prepared a delicious and attractive entree and appetizers for us. The Calamari was very fresh. We had a perfect evening. Absolutely love the trance music playing in the background, not loud, subtle excellent music – an OpenTable reviewer who dined on 9/8/2010
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 21, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Limit 1 per table. Dine-in only. Not valid on Saturday night. Not valid toward alcohol. Not valid for brunch. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Circa's menus center around shareable small plates and high-end meats in decadent arrangements: Niman Ranch beef is clasped by bacon, cheese, and tarragon-dijon mayo in a pair of sliders, while organic chicken breast basks in creamy risotto. Mediterranean accents surface unpredictably throughout entrees in the form of za'atar seasoning, almonds, and figs. Michael Bauer of the San Francisco Chronicle found plenty to praise at the lounge's 2006 opening, including "thoughtful desserts" served by waitstaff who "seem to enjoy their jobs" and an atmosphere that "makes diners feel as if they're relaxing in a luxurious cocoon." Designer Michael Brennan, of Cortez and La Table fame, is behind the latter. His work finds the dining room enfolded by a cocoa-colored design scheme and studded with the floral images of Neil Seth Levine, chosen for their evocation of both the stark lines of Ansel Adams and the fever dreams of Georgia O’Keeffe.