Before the circus, the only way to combine the show-stopping talents of both man and animal into one performance was to fox trot with an actual fox, or engage in synchronized howling with Scott Wolf. Alight into a better animalian extravaganza with today’s Groupon: for $19, you get two tickets to Circus Flora, located in the big-top tent at Grand Center (a $38 value). Seats are in the mezzanine side section. Choose from the following show dates:
- Sunday, June 12 at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19 at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 26 at 5:30 p.m.
Celebrating its 25th-anniversary jubilee year, Circus Flora dazzles audiences with exhilarating theatrical routines in a modern, European-style circus. During the circus’ brand-new show, Vagabond Adventures, a talented troupe of human and animal performers grace the ring, including tightrope walkers, acrobats, and trick riders, as they tell an enchanting story rife with espionage and feats of heroism set aboard a floating, Civil War–era circus. Marvel at the gravity-defying acrobatics of The Flying Pages, a family of aerialists known for feats of mid-air tumbling, ribbon hanging, and history of rescuing kittens from the tops of skyscrapers. Reach your giggle quota with the hilarious antics of Giovanni Zoppe, the youngest-ever performer to be inducted into the Clown Hall of Fame, or marvel at the roping virtuoso of Vince Bruce, the most famous British cowboy after Duke Morrison.
Named for an orphaned elephant rescued by circus founder Ivor David Balding, Circus Flora prides itself on care and respect for its animal performers, ensuring each animal artist gets regular exercise, a balanced diet, and frequent access to Lassie’s Twitter feed. Mezzanine side seats showcase elephantine profiles as the majestic creatures and stunning performers conquer the air-conditioned big top for their cheering audiences.
- The evening is full of modest wonders. We're entranced by the beauty of six white ponies performing together. (Did I say six? Look again. Now there are twelve!) And the performers' expertise is at such a high level, it almost erodes some of the suspense. – Dennis Brown, Riverfront Times
- The real stars were the athletes who did breathtaking maneuvers on ropes, floor mats and double straps that require astonishing skill, strength and attention to detail. – John Huxhold, Post-Dispatch
3509 Samuel Shepard Dr.
St. Louis, Missouri 63103Get Directions