What You'll Get
Choose From Four Options
- $109 for one 20- to 25-minute ride in the Hawk with one recorded video ($165 value)
- $215 for two 20- to 25-minute rides in the Hawk with two recorded videos ($330 value)
- $139 for one 30 to 40-minute ride in the Eagle with one recorded video ($205 value)
- $275 for two 30- to 40-minute rides in the Eagle with two recorded videos ($410 value) $
These scenic glider flights fly over Lake County and Mount Doral. Rides in the Hawk reach 4,000 feet high, while rides in the Eagle reach 5,000 feet high (and you may see the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts on clear days).
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Reservation required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Citrus Soaring
Central Florida's citrus groves are scenic enough from the ground, but the best views are usually restricted to the bald eagles that soar high above them. That is, unless you're on a ride with one of Citrus Soaring's experienced pilots. Established in 1973, this flight company delights passengers with rides in their graceful sailplanes. Before you sign up to soar unfettered above Florida, check out our rundown of what it's like:
- The fleet: Citrus Soaring maintains a fleet of three Schweizer gliders, as well as prop planes, including a Cessna and a vintage Piper Cub.
- The ride: During each ride, you'll climb in the glider and strap in for a plane-aided tow to 3-5,000 feet. Once in the sky, Citrus Soaring's flight instructor will guide the glider towards a safe landing with the help of thermal air currents—the same thing that helps eagles on their extended soars.
- The sights: Depending on the weather, you might be able to catch glimpses of the Atlantic or Gulf coasts, as well as Ocala National Forest and the Orlando skyline.
- The training: In addition to scenic rides, Citrus Soaring's instructors also train the next generation of glider pilots during hands-on flight lessons.