What You'll Get
Roughly 85 percent of New Year's resolutions never make it past the hypothetical phase, according to an unfinished study that was abandoned in early February. So this year, take care of your resolution before the New Year with today's Groupon to City Fitness Philadelphia. You get one month of unlimited access to City Fitness's gym equipment (a $19.99 value), unlimited group classes (a $10 value), towel service (a $5 value), and unlimited tanning (a $10 value) at City Fitness's onsite tanning booth.
Whether you're a long-time resident of the city or a recent transplant, the City That Loves You Back has your back when it comes to fitness. Inspirational murals of the city sprawl across the walls, including a well-placed mural of the Philadelphia Museum of Art's front steps (famously mounted by Rocky Balboa; from the elliptical machine, tiger-eyed champs can watch themselves valiantly climb those stairs in the mirror. Wipe off the salty fruits of your hard work with a fresh towel. Your included towel service lets you enjoy the luxury of copious clean cotton each time you work out with no extra laundry to add to the pile at home.
Customers say they never have to wait for City Fitness's state-of-the-art workout equipment, and sweaters, spinners, and crunchers who lack motivation get fired up at City Fitness's group workout classes. The friendly and motivational instructors instruct small groups in a variety of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Sweat out your aggression with cardio kickboxing, sculpt your muscles with kettlebells, center your mind with yoga, or invigorate your spirit with Indian dance. See City Fitness's schedule for class offerings and times. Your complimentary tanning will add a flattering shade to your skin, allowing would-be admirers to better make out the cut lines of your rock-hard bod.
Citysearchers give City Fitness a near-perfect 4.5 stars:
- The staff is very friendly and it is definitely a family oriented gym. All of the equipment is new, each peice of cardio equipment has a personal flat screen tv...The classes are fabulous and I have never waited in line for equipment. – avm5027
- Great classes of all kinds to take (which is always a huge plus!!). Freindly staff (definitely important!). The members/crowd is good too (not pompus, annoying, or totally full of themselves). – WYSPgirl
- The facility is clean and has a tremendous amount of space. Murals of Phila inside and out make it look as nice as it is. – lanafalana
Gonna Fly Now
It's a little hard to get sweaty and muscley in Philadelphia without at least briefly remembering Rocky Balboa, the city's patron saint of underdoggedness and punching. Most filmgoers are familiar with the first six Rocky films, but have you been keeping up with the series?
- Rocky VII: Lost In New York
- Rocky VIII: The Quickening
- Rocky IX: Judgment Day
- Rocky X: The Search for Spock
- Rocky XI: The Legend of Curly's Gold
- Rocky XII: Return of Jafar
- Rocky XIII: On the Rocks
- Rocky XIV: Pig in the City
- Rocky XV: Cruise Control
- Rocky XVI: Back in the Habit
- Rocky XVII: Secret of the Ooze
- Rocky XVIII: Smokey IS the Bandit
- Rocky XIX: Die Darkman Die
- Rocky Origins: Rock In the Cradle
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 9, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Must be 18 years or older. May not be applied to existing memberships. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.