Choose Between Two Options
- $35 for two weekend pass tickets ($70 value)
- $65 for four weekend pass tickets ($140 value)
City Limits Fest
Seven bands plus two nights equals one huge party at this year’s City Limits Fest, a hootenanny for all ages overflowing with old Milwaukee charm (and Old Milwaukee beer) and sunny, sudsy country music. While some acts and events are still to be announced, here’s the confirmed fun to expect from the weekend bash.
- Friday’s headliner: With a pop-country-Christian sheen that caters to fans of Little Big Town and Lady Antebellum, the fraternal duo of High Valley scored five GMA Canada Covenant Awards (the Canuck equivalent of the Dove Awards), and recently hit the US charts with the breezy single, “Make You Mine.”
- Saturday’s headliner: Outlaw country legend David Allan Coe plays his signature guitar/fiddle hybrid (dubbed the “rebel guit-fiddle”) in a set packed with salty hits such as “Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile,” and the showstopping gem, “You Never Even Called Me By My Name,” famous for its finale verse about mamas, trucks, prisons, and that dang ol’ train.
- Other festivities: Plenty of beer, comfort food, and an assortment of outdoor games such as cornhole
With a relaxing beer garden outside, DJs cultivating a lively dance floor inside, an active calendar of live music, and an old-Milwaukee charm, City Lounge is nothing if not eclectic. The decor mirrors this everything-goes attitude, with sky murals, street lamps, a wood-burning fireplace, and all manner of kitsch found inside this old brick structure. And, of course, it wouldn't be a Milwaukee staple without a great drink menu. Here, too, City Lounge delivers, with craft beers and popular martinis sliding over the indoor and outdoor bars until the wee hours, seven nights a week.