After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
Choose from Three Options
$39 for race registration for two to the Celtic Canter 5K race on Saturday, March 12 ($60 value)
- Race kicks off at 9 a.m. at Belle Grove Square Park
- Registration includes afterparty with award ceremony and family-friendly Irish celebration
$119 for race registration for two and two tickets to the weekend’s Teelin Irish Dance Co. show plus a one-night stay at Days Inn ($169.25 value)
- Choose between a stay on Friday, March 11, or Saturday, March 12
- One-night stay valid for two guests
- Teelin Irish Dance Co. performs at the Carroll Art Center at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
City of Westminster
Like many municipalities, the City of Westminster is named after its founder. But don't search the records for a Mr. Westminster, or you'll come up emptyhanded. You see, the city is actually named after a William Winchester—a historical curiosity owing to a slew of colonial postal-service mixups. When Mr. Winchester—native of England, veteran of the French and Indian War, and avid supporter of the American Revolution—formed "Winchester's Town" in 1764, the local mail often mistakenly wound up in another town called Winchester, this one in Frederick County, Virginia. Lest the townspeople's lost love letters and mail-order DVDs continue to be the source of headaches, the town adopted its current moniker in 1768. Read below for some additional figures that shed light on the modern state of this 250-year-old hamlet.
- 18,590: population (2010 census)
- 6.4 square miles
- 42 inches: average annual precipitation
- 73.7 degrees: average summer temperature
- 34 degrees: average winter temperature
- 14 parks
- 0 additional name changes