Hour-long kickboxing classes burn up to 1,200 calories
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $20.50 for three kickboxing classes and one pair of gloves ($95 value)
- $49 for six kickboxing classes and one pair of gloves ($190 value)
See the schedule.
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Three classes must be fulfilled within 10 days from date of redemption, 6 classes must be fulfilled within two weeks from date of redemption. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Limit 1 per visit. New customers only. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About CKO Kickboxing
CKO Kickboxing's Joseph Andreula opened up his first gym in Hoboken, New Jersey, back in 1997. In that humble location, the fitness guru helped his clients shed their spare pounds and ratchet up their self-esteem with intense kickboxing workouts. Once word got out that Joseph's program of punching and kicking weighted bags got you ripped, the gym caught on. CKO Kickboxing Franchise locations began to pop up throughout the country, where the newly expanded company's commitment to delivering heart-pumping workouts even earned a mention on NBC's Today.
CKO Kickboxing is a fun way to exercise and get fit. There are no endless treadmill, elliptical, or stair climber workouts here, which can quickly lead to boredom and little results. Instead, at CKO you are coached through a 60-minute total body workout by a certified instructor using real heavy bags. After learning the basic kicks and punches that will get your entire body engaged, you're encouraged to go at your own pace before trainers push you past your comfort zone for a great stress-relieving workout.