All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed February 17, 2016
Reviewed January 1, 2016
Reviewed October 29, 2015
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for three kickboxing classes and gloves ($85 value)
- $49 for six kickboxing classes and gloves ($145 value)
- $69 for nine kickboxing classes and gloves ($205 value)
- Click here to see the class schedule.
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. New customers only. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. All first time CKO members must sign up online by visiting here: http://www.ckoroselle.com/class_schedule.html and arrive 15 minutes prior to class for orientation. Gloves are required for class. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.