All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $175 for a 20–30-minute individual flight time, plus an hour-and-a-half helicopter ground lesson from Classic Helicopter Corp (a $350 value).
- Learn the ins and outs of flying a helicopter in an 1.5–2-hour group ground lesson before manning the controls
- Flight students may fly on the same day or on a different date, due to aircraft scheduling or weather conditions
- Spend up to 90 minutes in the air if paired with two-to-three students, or choose an individual private, lesson and 20–30-minutes in flight
- Group flights also afford students aerial views of Seattle
- Helicopter flights depart and land at Seattle’s Boeing Field Airport
Though Classic Helicopter Corp’s flight training program has yet to receive reviews, Airline Reporter gave its touring division through Seattle HeliTours a rave review. Six Yelpers give the touring division an average rating of 4.5 stars: > * This flight is great for visitors from out of town, but also really amazing for those of you who live in the Seattle area. Seeing the area from a helicopter is much different than in an airliner flying over or even a small plane. I think it is very much worth the money to take a unique airborne tour of your own city. – David Parker Brown, Airline Reporter > * The whole experience was stunning, fun, memorable, and so worth it! – Heather H., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 27, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. By appointment only; based on availability. 24-hour cancellation notice. 280 lb weight limit. Must be 13 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About SeattleHeliTours.com by Classic Helicopter Corp
High above Seattle, one of SeattleHeliTours.com Classic Helicopter Corp's Bell 206B-3 JetRanger turbine choppers hovers in midair. Maneuvering like a hummingbird, it whisks passengers toward the famous Space Needle that was used to crochet the entire Seattle skyline. The helicopter then flies over the downtown waterfront and heads to Snoqualmie Falls, where it pauses at the edge of the churning water. During tours like these, Classic Helicopter Corp's pilots share facts in English, Japanese, and Spanish. The experts can point out such sights as Bill Gates' house and sports stadiums.
Those who wish to maneuver their own space birds can sign up for flight school and obtain such certifications as a private rotocraft pilot or an astro instrument trainer. Charter services facilitate romantic and exciting excursions to such locales as the San Juan Islands or Semiahmoo.