Customers can learn all the in’s and out’s of indoor climbing during a two-hour in-depth instruction course with gear rental included
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- What’s included:
- Rope 101 class
- Guided tour of the facility
- Rental gear
- Two weeks of climbing
- Length of course: 2 hours
- Age restrictions: Must be 14 or older
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- What should I wear? Clothing that doesn’t restrict movement and is comfortable. Climbing gear will be provided.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
About Climb Nittany
In Intro to Climbing, you will learn belay techniques, knots, proper falling, and other fundamentals to help you understand how to limit your risks. Climb Nittany aims to be an indoor climbing place for experienced and new climbers alike. With a range of classes available, from intro to climbing to private coaching sessions, Climb Nittany's experienced staff instructs each client, helping to ensure that everyone can understand how to mitigate their own risks. Climb Nittany's priority is to help ensure a fun experience for all wanting to try their hand at indoor climbing. Climb Nittany also offers day camps, where children can take their first steps into the world of climbing, as well as learn more about positive skills such as confidence and courage. Experienced climbers can attend Lead 201 classes, designed to help improve climbing skills, as well as teach about advanced belay techniques, efficient climbing, and more.