Like spritzing an email with cologne, blowing kisses at a movie screen is a heartfelt, romantic gesture that proves fruitless in attracting movie stars. Experience unrequited love with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$12 for a film-festival package for two (a $25.50 total value)
- Two tickets to a showing of choice (options listed below) at the Portland Underground Film Festival (an $8 value each)
- Two medium sodas (a $2.50 value each)
- One large popcorn (a $4.50 value)<p>
$16 for access to all four film showings for one person (a $32 total value)
- PUFF Shorts Program: Saturday, June 30, at 7 p.m.
- Space Disco-One: Saturday, June 30, at 9 p.m.
- Tandem Hearts: Sunday, July 1, at 7 p.m.
- Bumps: Sunday, July 1, at 9 p.m.<p>
Clinton Street Theater
Nestled beneath the luminous beacon of its old-timey marquee, the Clinton Street Theater cements its status as Portland’s oldest continuously running independent film house with a rotating slate of foreign films, documentaries, and cult classics. Weekly screenings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo: The Genetic Opera draw fervent cultists dressed as their favorite characters and boom-mic operators, complementing screenings of splattery horror flicks with thought-provoking opera from rising and renowned auteurs. The cylindrical glow from a whirring projector jets across the Clinton’s spacious theater, illumining arrivals from such directors as Sidney Lumet and Gus Van Sant, who is notorious for instructing his actors to break character midfilm to challenge texting film-goers to bare-knuckle brawls.