A skilled photographer captures a subject’s sense of wonder, such as when a baby discovers a flying butterfly or when a baby discovers flying. Document developmental milestones with today’s Groupon to CL!X Portrait Studios in Maple Grove. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get a photography package (an $80.88 value), which includes:
- 30-minute in-studio session (a $9.95 value)
- One selected image burned onto CD (a $60.95 value)
- Two sheets of the selected image (a $9.98 value), each printed as one 8”x10”, two 5”x7”, three 4”x6”, four 3.5”x5”, or eight wallet photos
- For $35, you get the Baby’s First Year package (a $350 total value), which includes:
- Newborn Birth Announcements session with 24 4”x8” photos
- Three-month Eyes, Nose, Fingers & Toes session with a nine-image 8”x8” photo collage
- Six-month Simple Sentiments session with one 11”x14” wall portrait
- Nine-month Portrait Narrative session with one 8”x16” three-image wall collage
- 1st Birthday session with one 12”x12” signature print, 12 photo birthday invitations, and 12 thank-you cards
- Two-year CL!X Club membership
Opened by photo-loving parents Sandy and Michael Pawlyszyn, the Maple Grove franchise of national photography chain CL!X Portrait Studios orchestrates shoots for every occasion, from a baby’s first portrait to senior pictures and family photos. Up to six people can congregate for the in-studio session, where one-hour appointments give subjects a few extra minutes to preen themselves and doodle on their faces before facing the camera for 30 minutes. Afterward, patrons select their favorite image, which is then burned onto a CD complete with a copyright release that permits unlimited at-home or in-flight printing. The package also includes two sheets of the selected image, each formatted to the client’s liking.
New parents catalog their little one’s maiden voyage around the sun with the Baby’s First Year package, which begins with a newborn photo session that produces two dozen birth announcements. Photographers snap close-ups of each baby’s fingers, toes, beard, and other features during the three-month visit, and the six-month milestone overlays a favorite photo with a sentimental quote in a stylized font. At nine months, parents select three new images for a wall collage. Finally comes the one-year session, a celebration of the child’s first birthday that sees commemorative photos uploaded onto birthday invitations. Included in the package is a two-year CL!X Club membership, which grants parents access to free sessions and 10% off all purchases; this discount can also be used to acquire extra prints from any of the first-year sessions.
CL!X Portrait Studios
At CL!X Portrait Studios, photographers can capture well-posed shots of siblings in matching sweaters or click away at kids in their natural state of play, whether they are giggling in a frilly tutu or banging on a set of pots and pans. The studio’s array of portraiture styles reflects its founders’ goals: Sandy and Michael Pawlyszyn started CL!X after searching fruitlessly for a user-friendly way to document their own kids’ childhoods. Now, their team of photographers snaps youthful smiles in the studio as well as on site in the community, helming shoots at local schools, dance studios, and sports games. Their subjects need not be children, though—they can craft portraits of entire families, moms-to-be, and high-school seniors before they graduate and cycle back to preschool. The crew also takes photographic fun on the road via photo-booth rentals, which let partiers create their own lasting memories at special events.