Taking a self-defense class with a group allows you to morally support each other, and, when the time comes, to have the collective muscle to beat up an asteroid headed for Earth. Get strength in numbers with this Groupon.
$39 for Four-Hour Women's Self-Defense Class ($80 Value)
During the women's basic self-defense class, instructors teach pupils how to block attacks from purse snatchers, muggers, car jackers, or other aggressors with basic strikes, choke-hold breaks, and the bear-hug defense. Classes are held Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and participants should wear workout attire or appropriate street clothes and tennis shoes.
Additional dates and times for classes will be added, please check Close Quarters Tactical's website or call for more information.
Close Quarters Tactical
- Ventilated indoor range with 14 lanes, each 25 meters long
- Shooting lanes accomodate pistols and rifles up to .50 BMG
- Touchscreen targeting system with pre-programmed scenarios
- Range officers onsite for assistance
- Handguns, long guns, and automatic rifles available
- Models include a Beretta 9 mm pistol, Smith & Wesson .357 MAG revolver, and AK-47 long gun
At a Glance
Close Quarters Tactical's education-based facility is rooted in decades of experience. The staff of former law-enforcement officers and experienced instructors impart self-defense skills and self-confidence to students during focused courses. Classes run the gamut from basic street self-defense to krav maga, in which students learn the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces.