What You'll Get
Certain ages are so memorable that we give them nicknames, such as the terrible twos, sweet 16, or wholly unremarkable 31. Make any age special with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $85 for a 90-minute clown appearance for a kids' party ($175 value)
- $95 for s 120-minute clown appearance for a kids' party ($200 value)
Four Things to Know About Helium
Outside of a stack of vinyl harpsichord recordings, nothing says a party like a bundle of helium balloons. Read on to learn more about what’s inside these festive floaters.
1. It’s the second most common element in existence, behind hydrogen. Although the universe will never see a shortage of helium, some fear that, based on the current rate of helium use, Earth’s supply may be exhausted in the future. For now, the US is the world’s largest supplier of helium gas.
2. Helium is lighter than air. While a liter of air weighs 1.25 grams, a liter of helium weighs just 0.18 grams. This is why a filling a balloon with helium makes it float and why Fred Astaire pumped helium into his shoes before every dance.
3. Heed the Hindenburg. Hydrogen is more buoyant than helium, but it’s also highly flammable, making it a risky choice to fill dirigibles. Nonetheless, engineers of the famous Hindenburg blimp filled it with hydrogen instead—a fact that some early studies blamed for the aircraft’s infamous fire. Such claims have since been disputed, however.
4. Inhaling helium can change the sound of your voice. Because helium is lighter than air, the speed of sound in helium is much faster than the speed of sound in air. When filled with helium, the vocal tract still remains the same size, so the frequency of the sound waves must increase, resulting in what sounds like a higher pitch. Note: inhaling helium is very dangerous and can lead to lung damage and even death; do not try it at home.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per household. Must use promotion value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. Subject to availability. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Call to be sure date is available before purchase. Only valid in New York State. Fee of $14 applied for going over 90 minute option. Fee of $50 applied for going over 2 hour option. Valid only within 15 miles of zip code 10467. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.