Kids learn the basics of coding by messing around with the Minecraft source code to create off-the-wall mods
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
Minecraft mod creation course ($249 value)
- Kids learn real Java programming while creating custom mods for Minecraft
- Course includes 12 month access to learning platform, keeping all software and projects
- Designed for ages 7–15
- More than 35 hours of student projects, breakout videos, quizzes, and bonus material
- Can be taken anytime on your schedule
- Includes online access to team of friendly and responsive teachers
- Finished product can be played with friends and family on any Mac or PC
- Learn more
- Windows 10, 8, 7, or Mac OS 10.9 or higher
- Macs must be 64-bit (standard in Macs released since 2008)
- Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari web browser
- Minecraft for Mac or PC (not Pocket Edition) recommended, but not required
- Computers must meet hardware requirements of Minecraft
- Download speed of 1mbps or higher
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Online only. Must create an account to redeem. Valid only for course purchased. Valid for Mod 1 Creation class only. This offer does not include access to other CodaKid online courses. Limit 5 per person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
CodaKid was founded with a simple mission: to educate the next generation of coders, designers, and entrepreneurs who will use their skills and knowledge to make the world a better place. CodaKid has taught over 10,000 students how to code with its award-winning courses and student-centered approach. CodaKid has been featured by Fox News, CBS News, ABC News, and Tech.co and its kids coding courses received a 2017 Parents' Choice Gold Award from the nation’s oldest nonprofit guide to quality children’s media and toys. Founder David Dodge is a former game designer and software architect with credits on over 30 titles for the Sony Playstation, PC, and various SEGA platforms.