Like suntans and the ability to throw knives at apples on top of totem poles, golf skills disappear if you don't keep working at them. Keep the magic alive with today's Groupon for golfing or instruction at one of MAN Golf Management's three courses or facilities. Choose from the following options:
- For $40, you get 18 holes of golf and a cart for two people at Coffin Golf Club (up to an $84 value).
- For $35, you get 18 holes of golf and a cart for two people at Riverside Golf Course (up to a $70 value).
- For $65, you get two private lessons at Riverside Golf Academy (up to a $130 value).
Located only minutes away from the center of downtown Indianapolis, Coffin Golf Club's challenging public greens inspire golfers of all skill levels to sharpen their short and long games. Originally designed in 1931, the renovated, par-72 course stretches 6,715 yards from tip to tip and is dotted with the occasional hilly hole and opportunity for hole-in-one fist pumping. Trees line the fairways in an endless Red Rover stalemate, so ball placement proves more crucial to victory than clubbing distance. Otherwise, trek slightly north and embrace more than a century of history at Riverside Golf Course, which sharks its way alongside the White River's banks with Greg Norman-like finesse. As golfers navigate the doglegs toward the course's sundry par-three holes, they'll get to dodge water hazards and shambling, feral biohazards.
If you'd rather spruce up your swing mechanics or extend your driving distance, head to the acclaimed Riverside Golf Academy, located on-site, near the Riverside Golf Course, for a duet of private lessons. PGA member Mike O'Toole and his team of golf professionals help novice and seasoned swingers target weak points, fine-tune their style of play, and learn how to hit the ball without triggering its thermal detonator. The PGA-recognized practice range is a haven for indoor and outdoor golf enthusiasts, sporting 20 covered hitting stalls, 18 outdoor hitting mats, chipping and practice greens, and two practice bunkers. Call in advance to schedule a lesson.
Please be advised that both courses are currently in the off-season and the best values apply during the regular season, beginning in March.
- Besides the scenery, the first thing I noticed was the course is roomy. It's pretty tight with plenty of challenges, but but [sic] there's space between fairways. The course was in great shape. – ruddiger, Coffin Golf Course
- The driving range is great with heated and covered tees, as well as a nice sized grass tee area. – Slowrider5, Riverside Golf Academy
MAN Golf Management
MAN Golf Management’s facilities give players myriad ways to curb their golf cravings. Coffin Golf Club and Riverside Golf Course invite guests to play through more than 6,200 yards of golf apiece, with three to four tees per hole and prevailing winds that can send shots sailing into sand bunkers or water hazards. Meanwhile, the Riverside Golf Academy lets players practice on 16 covered hitting stalls, 18 outdoor hitting mats, two grass chipping practice greens, and one indoor putting green. There, instructors also host private lessons to help golfers sharpen their swings without replacing their drivers with lumberjack axes.