Science can be a frightening word, particularly when it’s listed under cause of death and followed by three exclamation points. Overcome your fear of knowledge with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$17 for a one-year individual membership (up to a $35 value)
$25 for a one-year family membership (up to a $50 value)
- Free admission to the museum
- Free or reduced admission on variety of workshops, films, and events, including the annual wine-and-cheese reception
- A 10% discount at the gift shop
- A monthly printed and emailed calendars of events
- A monthly e-newsletter and biannual copy of A Whaling Account<p>
Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum
Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum's staff of maritime experts collate the histories, folklore, and artifacts that illustrate Long Island's relationship with the sea. The museum's collection ensures an in-depth look at Long Island's history of whaling with more than 6,000 artifacts and archival objects, including the only fully equipped 19th-century whaling boat with the original furniture and scrimshaw flat-screen television. Interactive education courses for all ages teach kids about the oceanic sciences and engage them in themed arts-and-crafts events. Adult workshops range from drawing and sketching seminars to book readings and discussions. Before leaving, guests can peruse the gift shop, which brims with knickknacks and doodads for all ages, including boatswain's whistles and ships in bottles.