Class participants may create unique pieces of pottery in a casual atmosphere while sipping on their beverage of choice
About This Deal
- During a 2-hour workshop, participants are guided step-by-step by a professional artist, learning to make their own set of mugs and a bowl. The class introduces the students to a hand-building pottery technique and teaches how to work with the clay while making unique take-home pieces.
- What’s included:
- 1 mug and 1 bowl to fire
- 2-hour session with a tutor
- All materials, firing, and glazes
- Participants leave their pieces at the studio to be glazed and fired after the workshop. This should take about 3 weeks to process. Then, customers may pick the items up from the location. However, those interested in painting and glazing their pieces themselves, are welcome to purchase a Paint Your Own Pottery session to complete their work.
- Age restrictions: must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages
Need To Know
About Color Cocktail Factory
Color Cocktail Factory is the domain of three artists—MFA grads from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago—who work as professional painters, illustrators, and printmakers. These artists started Color Cocktail Factory as a way to share their knowledge with novice practitioners in a laid-back environment. But they know that for less-experienced paint slingers, the idea of coating a whole canvas can be wildly intimidating, especially if their third and fourth arms have yet to grow in. So they encourage students to drink, organizing social BYOB lessons where students work on the same guided project. At the end of the session, well-hydrated pupils take home their very own paintings, which might be a sugar-skull portrait, a landscape, or the recreation of a famous masterpiece.