Call it a split personality or a secret identity but woodwinds, brass and percussion have always had another life outside the rarefied confines of the concert hall. For while they are stalwarts of the classical repertoire, they have been at the heart of jazz music since the genre's beginnings. Now Queen City Jazz Band brings out the jazzy side of Denver's finest "symphony of woodwinds, brass and percussion" during Colorado Wind Ensemble's latest concert Playing With Fire. Be there as these two acclaimed groups get the joint swingin' with a program full of "hot jazz and sizzling new sounds." See the event description for more details about this special presentation at Littleton United Methodist Church.
- “Tempered Steel” • Charles Rochester Young
- “Firefly” • Ryan George
- “Tumbao” from Sinfonia No. 3, “La Salsa” • Roberto Sierra/Scatterday
- “Blow It Up, Start Again” • Jonathan Newman
- Queen City Jazz Band selections
- CWE and QCJB together performing selections by arranger Wayne Scott