Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for passes for two, valid Sunday, June 5($44 value)
- $49 for passes for two, valid Sunday, June 5 ($88 value)
Although plenty of anime series feature episodes set at the seaside, Colossalcon might be the only anime convention that can claim it's very own beach. Well, sort of. The summer con takes place at Sandusky's Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, where a gargantuan indoor water park offers a cooling (and splash-filled) respite from the flurry of convention activity. As for the flurry itself, the convention jam-packs four full days with anime programming that includes everything from J-pop dances and artist panels to a bustling dealer room and in-character cosplay challenges. Before you go Super Saiyan, read on for more highlights:
- Guests of honor: Notable names will appear at panels and autograph sessions throughout the weekend. Some include Fullmetal Alchemist and Dragon Ball Z_ voice actors Vic Mignogna and Chuck Huber, manga artist Nao Yazawa, and battle aficionado Samurai Dan.
- Otaku Art and Craft Fair and Flea Market: Haggle with your fellow fans at the con's marketplace, which features both fan-made arts and crafts as well as a flea market for vintage memorabilia.
- Cosplay: Colossalcon features two major cosplay contests. Friday's in-character contest (which features guests completing challenges in the spirit of their favorite characters), and Saturday's Masquerade, a multi-division contest to crown the most skillful, ostentatious costumes.
- Symphonic Anime Orchestra: Hear the themes to your favorite series played by the con's all-volunteer orchestra.
- Dance, Dance, Dance: Every night features at least one opportunity to bust a move, whether it's Friday's Formal Ball or the club-style DJ sets scheduled for each night of the con.