What You'll Get
Sight, the workhorse of the five senses, puts in too many hours keeping man from falling in manholes. Reward the most overworked sense with today's Groupon: for $57, you get a 12-month reciprocal membership to the Columbus Museum of Art (a $115 value). The reciprocal membership includes free admission to more than 200 other art museums across North America, including 14 located in Ohio.
The Columbus Museum of Art strives to make fine art accessible to everyone, displaying a diverse range of collections ranging from twentieth-century American to folk art and European modernism. Your reciprocal membership gives you access to the museum's collections and exhibitions, including special exhibits and previews. You'll also get to browse the museum's impressive collection of Old Masters, 19th-Century American, Late Modernism, Photography, neo-futuristic finger-paintings, and more. As a member, you'll also get to take advantage of the following perks:
- Free admission for up to two adults plus children/grandchildren under 18
- Invitations to the exhibition preview receptions
- Privileges of the Ohio Museum Reciprocal Membership Program
- Subscription to Art Speaks member magazine
- 10% discount to Palette Express
- 15% discount and advance notice of sales at CMA's museum store
- Exclusive volunteer and travel opportunities
- Discounted or free admission to family and adult programs
- Discounts at participating arts organizations
Members can also get a sneak peak (December 28–31) at the major renovations currently taking place, with special access and guided gallery tours, or stop by for the official unveiling on New Years Day to enjoy all the free community celebration and family friendly events. Now that Akron has invented de-evolution and Cleveland has perfected the pierogi, the time has come for Columbus to shine as Ohio's artistic capital.
Columbus Art Museum received press in The Business Journals, Columbus Alive and Art Knowledge News. Yelpers give the museum a three star average, while Insider Pagers give it a perfect five stars. Nearly 4,000 Facebookers are fans of the museum:
- I have been to the Columbus Museum of Art several times, and each time we visit, we see a wonderful special exhibit. They have an impressive number of works by well-known artists…The admission prices are extremely reasonable, and the staff is always very helpful. – Amy S., Insider Pages
- The museum holds an impressive amount of regional art… The kid-specific exhibits are good too. – Randy S., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must activate membership by 5/2/11, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Valid for new members or those who haven't had a membership in the past 2 years. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.