All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Although not one of the five traditional senses, a sense of humor is the only thing that allows humans to answer knock-knocks at the door. You’re there with this Groupon.
$65 for a Six-Week Kids’ Age-Based Improv Class (a $130 Value)
For Pre-K to Kindergarteners
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m to 10:30 a.m., starting October 8<p>
For Elementary School Kids
- Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., starting October 8
- Wednesdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., starting October 9<p>
For Middle School Kids
- Thursdays from 4:30 pm. to 6 p.m., starting October 10
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., starting on October 12
- Mondays from 4:30 p.m to 6:30 p.m., starting October 14<p>
For High School Kids
- Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., starting on October 12<p>
For Home-Schooled Kids
- 1st through 2nd graders on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., starting October 8
- 3rd through 5th graders on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., starting October 9
- 6th through 8th graders on Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., starting on October 17<p>
Class sizes range from 10 to 16 students. At the end of each six-week course, students put on a Showcase Performance for family and friends to attend. <p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 17, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Limit 8 per person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About ComedySportz Improv Theatre
ComedySportz Improv Theatre's best known for its resident troupe of comedians, called The Playerz. They comprise two teams—the Richmond Legends and the Virginia Hams—who duke it out onstage in improv battles for audience laughs and official points. Their duels, though colorful, remain all-ages friendly, and the wide range of appeal has consistently landed them on Style Weekly's Best of Richmond lists.
Aside from performances, however, they also hold camps and workshops to help new improvisers discover a love for made-up scenes and silly songs. They generally start kids off with one-week camps that meet Tuesday - Friday and culminate in a performance for family and friends. Students who are interested can then pursue a more in-depth education in the Intro to Improv Training Series, which teaches techniques for finding a story, developing characters, and disabling your ability to memorize things. Ultimately, improvisers enter the ComedySportz leagues, where they engage in casual, supportive ComedySportz shows with friends and bring smiles to faces.