- $25 worth of papery page-packed prose at Common Good Books
- Independent neighborhood bookshop
- Eclectic array of novels, novellas, and poetry
- Friendly and almost frighteningly knowledgeable staff of book lovers
- Charming space
- Regular signings and events
- Convenient hours
- Located in the basement of Nina’s Coffee Café in St. Paul Cathedral Hill
- In-store purchases only.
- Not valid for magazines or newspapers.
City Pages named Common Good Books Best New Bookstore of 2008, and the Twin Cities Daily Planet likes Common Good’s community vibe: > * Unique, homey, and accessible, this Garrison Keillor-owned spot, located right beneath the stylish Nina’s Coffee Café in the hip St. Paul Cathedral Hill neighborhood, seems too good to be true…The prices are reasonable, and the collection, especially given the shop’s small size, is more than admirable. – City Pages > * This is a bookstore with St. Paul flair, partly because its owner is St. Paul resident Garrison Keillor. The bookstore just celebrated its two-year anniversary–a testament to the little bookstore’s importance to the larger St. Paul community…Also, customers enjoy trusted book recommendations from the staff since employees all have impressive experience in the field. – Jill Ackerman, Twin Cities Daily Planet
Yelpers give the book store a strong 4.5 stars and agree that it’s a charming space with a knowledgeable staff.
Summit - University
165 Western Ave. N
St. Paul, Minnesota 55102Get Directions