All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed February 5, 2017
· Reviewed October 25, 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016
What You'll Get
Contemporary art museums maintain the charm of regular art museums without spooky Victorian paintings, gilded frames, and the ghosts of Baroque artists pestering the janitorial staff. Inspect the newest batch of timeless art with today's Groupon to Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a one-year family membership, good for two adults and all children in the same household (an $80 value).
- For $20, you get a one-year individual membership, good for one adult (a $45 value).
Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis enthralls eyeballs with frequently changing art exhibitions featuring well-known and newly established artists focused on all types of media. Art aficionados can peruse CAM's front room and main galleries, studded with mounted portraits and interactive audio-visual works. In the main gallery, contemplate Manon de Boer's Between Perception and Sensation, which investigates the connection between image and sound through four cinematic portraits defined by their audio, or explore Richard Aldrich and the 19th Century French Painting, which excites mind muscles by using expressive pieces to question the creation of art, how it's perceived, and why it sometimes smells like cherry tomatoes sprinkled with vinaigrette. In the front room, art students can inspect John Opera and Matt Sheridan Smith's works, which discover the results of combining natural and scientific phenomena. Check the schedule for upcoming exhibitions.
Membership to CAM gives art-lovers a chance to meet top artists, ask questions to curators, and chest bump favorite security guards, as well as a copy of Mesh, the museum's annual publication. In addition to free admission, each membership also includes full member benefits, such as exclusive invitations to curator talks, private tours, complimentary drinks on opening nights, and four free guest passes. Museum members also receive free or discounted tickets to classes and major events.
- I was impressed with all three of the current installations, particularly the distinct ways each one immerses you and makes you as much of a participant as a viewer. – John D., Yelp, 05/01/2010
- I really appreciate that the CAM is a blank slate for large and small installations alike. – Kim K., Yelp, 06/26/2010
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 15, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must activate membership by 2/15/12, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Current members may use to extend membership by 1 year. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.