Children can learn the basics of cooking in the comfort of their own home during engaging online classes with an experienced instructor
About This Deal
- Online children’s cooking classes aim to teach participants not only the cooking techniques but also fun facts about the countries or states that are discussed during the lessons and where they are on a map with a slide show about unique cultures and traditions. When it comes to cooking itself, each class includes preparing one dish that represents the country or state. The classes end with a folktale about the discussed region.
- Countries and Recipes Cambodia: Bean Thread Noodles with fried tofu and veggies Lebanon: Butternut squash tabbouleh Japan: Fried rice with bok choy, carrots and onions Jamaica: Black bean burgers Poland: Apple pancakes Cuba: Potatoes Rellenos Iran: Hummus and veggies for dipping France: Crust-less Zucchini and Basil Mini-Quiche Denmark: Lemon cookies Ireland: Creamy potato, carrot and dumpling soup
- Children can gain and learn:
- Exposure to various countries, their geography, and cultural nuances
- A new appreciation of cultural differences
- A cooking lesson that is customized to their ability
- An excitement and newly found confidence to cook tasty international foods
- Familiarity with diverse ingredients, spices, and flavors
- The classes are child friendly but there are safety issues. An adult needs to be mindful and supportive during the learning process.
- Students are encouraged to follow along with the cooking demonstration, however, it’s important for an adult to take care of these practices: placing items in and out of the oven, using a large sharp knife to cut difficult things, emptying a pot with hot water, turning on or off the oven and the stove if the child is under 10 years old, and handling hot items.
- Duration: most online classes are under 60 minutes.
Nut free. Ideal for ages 5 – 15. Includes downloadable recipe.
- Package 1: Israel, El Salvador, Yemen, Finland, Turkey
- Package 2: Greece, New Zealand, China, Venezuela, Switzerland
Need To Know
About Lollypop Homework Help
Lollypop Homework Help, a subsidiary of Cooking Round the World, was created in response to the pandemic and new paradigm of distance learning. Cooking Round the World, the parent company, strives to educate children about food and cultures from around the world, as a means for greater acceptance of differences and cultural practices.