Like becoming a stunt double, learning to cook requires an open mind, a steady hand, and accepting that your Julia Child costume might end up in flames. Don protective gear and grab this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for one at 10 a.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 10 a.m. (a $198 value)
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference at 2 p.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 2 p.m. (a $198 value)
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference at 6 p.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 6 p.m. (a $198 value)<p>
During two-hour seminars, Chef Paul Guerrero and biochemist Stephen Cherniske educate participants about how food and supplements affect the body and show how to prepare super foods in quick, easy meals. Students learn about the importance of conscious cooking, gain a deeper understanding of DNA, and witness the diet’s health effects. One-hour meet-and-greets after the seminars let students chat with the chef or grill him on his grilling techniques. Groupon purchasers will also receive a complimentary copy of The Metabolic Plan by Stephen Cherniske, who will be available for signatures during the meet-and-greet. <p>
Seminars take place at the DoubleTree Hilton in Arlington Heights on Saturday, May 19. Watch a video about the program here.<p>
Cooking Skills Academy
Cooking Skills Academy's resident chefs hail from many area restaurants, and some are even veterans of popular television cooking competitions, like Mario Rizzotti from Iron Chef America. Instructors oversee each two-hour, hands-on cooking classes in a custom-designed gourmet kitchen. Over 350 classes are offered on rotation, including such fancifully named "La Cuisine Francaise", "My Latin Girlfriend", "Paella Y Mas", "Happy Italian Boyfriend", and "#OMG #CEVICHES". Amateur food artists can bring their own beverages and snack on their masterpieces as they go, and take home a copy of each recipe used in the session. Check Cooking Skills Academy’s online calendar for a full list of class times and dates.