Like becoming a stunt double, learning to cook requires an open mind, a steady hand, and accepting that your Julia Child costume might end up in flames. Don protective gear and grab this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for one at 10 a.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 10 a.m. (a $198 value)
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference at 2 p.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 2 p.m. (a $198 value)
- $49 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference at 6 p.m. (a $99 value)
- $95 for a Super Foods And Beyond health conference for two at 6 p.m. (a $198 value)<p>
During two-hour seminars, Chef Paul Guerrero and biochemist Stephen Cherniske educate participants about how food and supplements affect the body and show how to prepare super foods in quick, easy meals. Students learn about the importance of conscious cooking, gain a deeper understanding of DNA, and witness the diet’s health effects. One-hour meet-and-greets after the seminars let students chat with the chef or grill him on his grilling techniques. Groupon purchasers will also receive a complimentary copy of The Metabolic Plan by Stephen Cherniske, who will be available for signatures during the meet-and-greet. <p>
Seminars take place at the DoubleTree Hilton in Arlington Heights on Saturday, May 19. Watch a video about the program here.<p>
Cooking Skills Academy
Cooking Skills Academy's four resident chefs oversee hands-on cooking classes in a custom-designed gourmet kitchen. During the 15-Minute Meals class, students learn to prepare healthy, flavorful meals in 15 minutes each and hone an arsenal of cooking techniques more efficient than trying to convince raw asparagus to walk across hot coals. Other classes include Sushi class, Asian noodles workshops, and Grandma's meatballs and Sunday gravy. Like sculptors constructing busts of Martin Luther from limburger cheese, amateur food artists can snack on their masterpieces as they go, and take home a copy of each recipe used in the session. Check Cooking Skills Academy’s online calendar for a full list of class times and dates for such sessions as hands-on pasta making, Knife Skills 101, and Date Night Sushi 101.
75 W Algonquin Rd.
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005