Golf balls, like fugitives and B-list pots of gold, are often hiding at the bottom of a ditch. Help golf balls find their way to safety with today's Groupon: for $180, you get 10 rounds of golf, 10 buckets of range balls, and 10 one-hour lesson clinics at Copper Mill Golf Club in Zachary (up to a $997.75 value). A required cart fee of $15.25 per round is not included with this Groupon.
Copper Mill Golf Club blankets the Cypress Bayou with 18 holes for picturesque pitching and putting. The course, drafted by golf-course architects Max Maxwell and Nathan Crace, features rustic holes with colorful cognomens such Cliffs of Despair, Sea of Tranquility, and Lite-Brites of the Ether. Venture through the green while being schooled by experienced instructor Bubby Saucier, apply his wisdom to long-range drives on the range, then return for 10 rounds of golf played in solitude or in the company of a less-talented friend.
GolfLink members give Copper Mill Golf Club a four-star average:
- Really enjoyed playing the course. The staff were helpful and accomadating [sic] in lining up a tee time. Greens were very fast and difficult. – cwilliams59
- The lay out of this course is great. Many challenging holes that give the player options. The course is well maintained. I really enjoy playing this course. – chunks
Spring Hill Golf Course
Originally built in 1930, Spring Hill Golf Course spans 6,665 yards of kempt fairways lined by mature trees and interspersed water hazards. The par 72 course snakes through the charming Spring Hill College campus, challenging golfers with subtle elevation changes, six ponds, and rogue professors interrogating passersby about the lost history of the mashie niblick. The driving range prepares golfers for their 18-hole odyssey, which begins with an unforgiving first hole—a 435-yard par 4 rated the course's most difficult.
PGA professional Shane Allen oversees the stately grounds, employing digital video analysis in lessons for juniors, adults, and caddies desperate to determine their most intimidating post-putt howl.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,665 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 71.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 124 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options