One of Benjamin Franklin’s last theories was that taking in a good view while eating aids both in digestion and in the ability to squeeze milk out of coal. Prove him half-right with today’s Groupon to Cosmoss Restaurant in Brooklyn. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a meal for two (up to a $99 total value). The meal includes the following:
- One appetizer or salad (up to a $23 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $30 value each)
- Two glasses of house wine (an $8 value each)
- For $69, you get a meal for four (up to a $198 total value). The meal includes the following:
- Two appetizers or salads (up to a $23 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $30 value each)
- Four glasses of house wine (an $8 value each)<p>
Neon blue lights cast an ethereal glow on the interior of Cosmoss Restaurant, where patrons savor a hearty menu of traditional and upscale Russian fare. As parties settle into white velvet chairs, oblong crystalline light fixtures dangle delicately above their heads. Palates warm up to a wide selection of appetizers and salads, from a filet-mignon salad to sesame-infused tuna tartar. A school of seafood satisfies aquatic enthusiasts and beached mermaids as they nosh on dishes such as sturgeon done Moscow-style (layered with tomatoes and mushrooms, then stewed in a creamy sauce). Alternatively, tender meat dishes such as veal on the bone or French-style lamb chops pack enough protein for diners to twist the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge into a bow. Parties trade stories and jokes while sipping on glasses of house wine placed amid a tabletop maze of silver sculptures that intertwine flower-dotted branches up to the ceiling.
The décor at Cosmoss Restaurant evokes an underwater wonderland, characterized by deep cerulean hues. Massive picture windows span three sides of the fifth-floor eatery, proffering stunning views of the Manhattan skyline. Dancing is encouraged in both the restaurant and the downstairs lounge, and a balcony tempts patrons to catch a breath of fresh air, gaze at the panoramic view, and puff on bubble pipes.