This intensive two-day masterclass will prepare you for the job of grading and delivering HDR shows for Netflix, Amazon or any other HDR cha
What You'll Get
This intensive two-day masterclass will prepare you for the job of grading and delivering HDR shows for Netflix, Amazon or any other HDR channel using DaVinci Resolve.
In the last two years, we have seen an exponential growth in HDR productions. As a result, there is a big demand for colorists skilled in grading and delivering in HDR. This intensive two-day masterclass will prepare you for the job of grading and delivering HDR shows for Netflix, Amazon or any other HDR channel using DaVinci Resolve.
The training program is split into two parts. Theory covers all aspects of HDR technology, Color Science, Workflow and new Mastering Formats. During the practical portion of the class, you will learn how to approach a grading session, translate looks from HDR and SDR, and how to get the best image quality in the shortest possible time. This part is designed to expose attendees to a variety of HDR material. From dark night scenes, studio and VFX scenes to bright exterior scenes, we will work with perfectly shot material and deal with problem shots like noise, archive footage or overexposed material. Our ultimate desire is for you to develop an eye for good HDR.
- What is HDR, all the formats and standards
- Color Science: Color Gamut, Dynamic Range, EOTF and how it works
- Grading Suite technical specification and setup
- Workflow overview: From Camera to Final Master
- Colour Management for HDR - how it works
- Dolby Vision
- HDR10 and HDR10+
- Delivery and Mastering specifics
- DaVinci Resolve Preferences and Settings
- Media Ingest and Setup for Simultaneous HDR/SDR grading
- Creating base grade and the right approach to HDR/SDR translation
- Reading ‘NIT’ values and controlling look and mood of the scene
- Right techniques for dealing with the challenge of Large Color Volume
- HDR and Skintones
- HDR and night scenes
- HDR and bright exterior scenes
- HDR and VFX shots
- Common issues tips and tricks: Flares, Noise, Out of Gamut, SDR Archive
- Mastering for Dolby Vision
- Mastering for HDR10/HDR10+
- Netflix IMF master creation and QC
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is aimed at colorists who are familiar with DaVinci Resolve and are ready to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting grading jobs in the industry today, and take advantage of job opportunities that are opening in this area.
Class Starting Wednesday, October 23
- Wednesday, October 23, 10:00AM- 5:30PM
- Thursday, October 24, 10:00AM- 5:30PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Film Production classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, AbelCine Training, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 24, 2019.