This intensive training teaches you to create print and digital publications with InDesign. Create projects from scratch and learn about pla
What You'll Get
This intensive training teaches you to create print and digital publications with InDesign. Create projects from scratch and learn about placing photos, drawing and manipulating objects threading text frames, paragraph and character styles and more. Leave this class with solid Adobe InDesign skills to create compelling documents. Take our Adobe InDesign Classes live in Chicago or online.
Students range from beginner, to seasoned users who want to learn new features and better techniques.
Who Should Attend
Whether you have been using InDesign for years, or are new, our Adobe InDesign Beginner Class will help you learn the latest features and upgrade your skills.
Prerequisite: Attendees must have solid computer skills.
About InDesign and Publishing
- Understand the relationship between InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and word processing programs.
- Work with the NEW User Interface of InDesign. Control the lightness of the UI.
- Set Preferences for an active document or the program defaults.
- Understand Adobe Creative Cloud and its’ features in our InDesign beginner class. (Seasoned users also take this training to learn new features and update their skills).
Document Creation & Modification
- Overview of toolbox, panels, page navigation and online help.
- Create a new document. Save the new document settings.
- In this InDesign Beginner Class Learn the differences of the new “Intent” for Print, Web or Digital Publishing. Level 1 class focus will be for Print.
- Set up page size, margins, columns, and bleeds for a new document, use the new Preview.
- Use the pages panel to add, move, and delete pages and more.
- View and zoom around the page, split the window.
- View in Normal or Preview modes, show or hide non printing items.
Objects, Drawing & Selecting
Our Adobe InDesign Classes teach you to become experts in working with objects, drawing and selecting text and images.
- Draw, understand and manipulate the 3 types of frames.
- Select multiple objects using the marquee select, select all and shift select.
- Use transform panel to scale, rotate and modify objects.
- Select frames & change stroke color, style and width of strokes.
- Use Text Frame Options for text frames and other options for graphic frames.
Text: Place and Format
- Create Text frames with single or multiple columns.
- Place text using automatic, semi-automatic and manual text placement.
- Thread and unthread text flow from one text frame to another on the same page or another page.
- Character Formats: Apply fonts, use the new font favorites and search fonts features. Change text size, kerning & tracking etc.
- Use the control panel, and shortcuts for text formatting in our Adobe InDesign Classes.
- Paragraph Formats: Alignment, indent paragraphs, adjust the space before or after the paragraphs.
- Find and change to replace text, spell check, dynamic spelling.
- Create a basic table. Convert text to a table. Basic formatting of text and cells.
- NEW Generate a QR code.
- Place photos and graphics such as TIFF, JPG, AI, PDF and PSD.
- Use fitting commands to change size of a graphic relative to its’ frame.
- Change the size of frames and graphics.
- Use the selection tools and the target selection to select the frame or the graphic and easily move graphics within a frame.
- Modify the corners of any graphic frame.
- Apply text wrap to control the way text wraps around a graphic. Change the outset, and the shape of the wrap.
- Understand the Links Palette to Edit Original, Update and Relink graphics.
- Use the Eyedropper tool to pick up formatting from one object to apply to another.
Color, Gradients, Effects & Transparency
- Create new Process, Spot & Pantone+ colors with the swatches panel. Create Tints.
- Create Gradients to be applied to fills, strokes and text.
- Use the Gradient Tool to adjust the angle of a linear gradient or the center point of a radial gradient.
- Apply Transparency to objects.
- Apply Drop Shadow to text or an object.
- Understand how to use transparency settings effectively, considerations for pre-press.
- Understand Paragraph and Character Styles and how they are beneficial for text formatting.
- Create and apply styles to paragraphs using menus and panels.
- Create character styles and apply to words or phrases within a paragraph.
- Change the attributes of a style.
- Redefine a style from document text.
- Understand Master Pages and how they are used.
- Modify the default master page with graphics, margins, columns and guides.
- Create automatic page numbering.
- Apply a master to a page or range of pages, create and remove local overrides.
Export and Print
- Save an InDesign file (.indd).
- Understand the benefit of saving a file as an InDesign Markup (.idml).
- Create Adobe PDF files: Export to PDF.
- Package a file for sending to an outside Printer
Class Starting Monday, December 09
- Monday, December 09, 9:30AM- 4:00PM
- Tuesday, December 10, 9:30AM- 4:00PM
- Wednesday, December 11, 9:30AM- 4:00PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Indesign classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Ascend Training, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 11, 2019.