Git, undoubtedly the most popular version control system, is an essential skill for any developer, whether you’re working with a team or a
What You'll Get
Git, undoubtedly the most popular version control system, is an essential skill for any developer, whether you’re working with a team or as an individual. Git’s powerful commands give your project unlimited ‘un-do’s’, let you experiment with alternative branches and allow you to collaborate with others without fear of overriding other’s work.
In addition to learning how to organize and track your project’s history, you’ll also learn how to use GitHub, the largest and most popular code sharing network.
What is Git and who should use it?
- Why is Git great for programming?
- Everyday uses for Git
- Git and GitHub
- Some basic terminology
- Looking at the history of an existing project
- Checking out and comparing versions
- Terminal command basics for configuring and controlling Git
- Using Git help
- Understanding your repo’s state with git status
- The commit history – git log
- Command line flags for looking at each commit
- Backtracking and undoing
- Creating branches for new features or experimental versions
- Fast forward merging
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Downloading remote repos – cloning
- Connecting and synchronizing with a remote
- Pushing and pulling
- Working with others
- Exploring a GitHub repository
- The art of the README file
- Creating and sending a pull request
- Reviewing a pull request
- Hosting a website with GitHub
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Programming classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Ascend Training, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 7, 2019.