A resume is not a biography. It is a marketing document and it is still relevant today. Are you avoiding updating or crafting your resume be
What You'll Get
A resume is not a biography. It is a marketing document and it is still relevant today. Are you avoiding updating or crafting your resume because you lack clarity on communicating your skills or direction for how to best use the document to convey your passions?
This workshop will open the Black Box of candidate selection to help you understand what happens after you hit “submit”. You will learn where your document goes, who sees it, and how it might be evaluated. We will address topics such as discrimination and how to harness first impressions.
Build Skills in:
- Resume Writing
- Job Search
- Verbalizing Value-Add and Impact
- Empathy (for your reviewer)
- Learn how a resume is used in the job application and candidate selection process
- Gain ideas for changes to make on your resume immediately
- Learn how-to back-engineer your resume starting with a target job description
- Develop skills to write resumes for yourself with different focuses
- Qualified and experienced, but you are not getting called in for interviews after applying
- Unsure about your resume in general
- Currently using a CV in place of a resume
- A career changer or pivoter and you struggle with telling your story in resume format
- Ready for some real talk on resumes
- A notebook and pen
- (optional) A few copies of your resume if you are comfortable sharing
Workshop starts at 7:00 pm sharp. Please plan to arrive before 7:00 before the workshop begins.
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Resume classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Be Social Change, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 16, 2019.