Learn the core languages of the web in Web Design with HTML & CSSIf you are ready to learn the languages of all web pages, and move towa
What You'll Get
Learn the core languages of the web in Web Design with HTML & CSS
If you are ready to learn the languages of all web pages, and move toward a better career, then our Web Design with HTML and CSS class is right for you! This class will start you down the path of becoming a junior level web developer. Full stack and frontend web development begins with the HTML and CSS languages, and you will be guided from the beginning in a hands-on, small class setting by our expert instructors.
In the first part of Web Design with HTML and CSS, you will begin by examining the basics of foundational web technology and create your own functional web pages using the latest specification of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML5). In addition, you will learn how to incorporate style information into your pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3).
Next, you will learn how to create modern web layouts using the latest web development concepts. By the end of this course, you will possess the skills and abilities to make a successful website that will stand out from the crowd and attract visitors.
Last, you will use advanced CSS positioning techniques to improve the site’s layout and design, focusing on the latest additions to the CSS3 specification including shadowing, gradients, and much more.
Web Design with HTML and CSS is the first step for anyone looking to add valuable skills to their resume or be able to manage a web-based project of your own. With so many career paths looking for HTML & CSS skills, let us help you get started with the necessary training today!
Upon successful completion of the Web Design with HTML and CSS class, students will be able to:
- HTML and CSS basic terminology
- Create a functional web page using HTML5 and CSS3
- Create a basic webpage layout
- Structure content
- Apply styles to your page
- Navigate through your site by creating hyper-links
- Design and develop an advanced webpage
- Create intriguing, modern layouts using “div” and “span” tags
- Use advanced CSS techniques and shortcuts
- Incorporate Metadata and Multimedia
- Validate your web page’s code
- Create advanced styles and page layouts using CSS positioning
- Learn the latest CSS3 features including shadows, gradients
- Work with HTML tables
- Optimize a website for accessibility & search engines
- Publish a website
- Learn how to use the browser inspect tools (i.e. Mozilla’s Firebug)
- Introduction to Computers or equivalent knowledge.
- Some programming knowledge is helpful, but not required.
Class Starting Tuesday, January 07
- Tuesday, January 07, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
- Thursday, January 09, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
- Tuesday, January 14, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
- Thursday, January 16, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
- Tuesday, January 21, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
- Thursday, January 23, 6:00PM- 9:30PM
Classroom: Community Room
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Web Design classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Digital Workshop Center, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 23, 2020.