Learn how to customize your WordPress site to to fit your businessOnce you know how to use WordPress, your goals start to change. You know h
What You'll Get
Learn how to customize your WordPress site to to fit your business
Once you know how to use WordPress, your goals start to change. You know how to do the basics: publish posts, create pages, show them in menus, and get the whole thing working. But there are tons of things you’re struggling with: how to change the size or color of a page element, how to add a calendar to your site, or make the SEO tweaks to get the results you want.
That’s where this class comes in. In Customize your WordPress site you will learn how to get an awesome site with cool features that you dream of. While we promise no miracles, we’re pretty good at this WordPress thing, and can direct you to the how and why of really changing your whole game with WordPress. We’ll point you towards the right plugins, explain the depths and breadth of customizing themes, and way more.
Upon successful completion of the Customize Your WordPress Site class, students will learn:
Session 1: Review and Visual Customization
- Review WordPress as a Content Management System
- Customizing Appearance — Customizer in Depth
- Using the customizer default panels themselves to do things
- Set a Site Icon (Favicon)
- Create and Edit a Menu
- Create and edit a widget area in the customizers
- Using the “Additional CSS” Area
- What’s CSS? HTML? How do they interact?
- Theme Marketplaces
- Custom Theme Development
Session 2: The Power of Plugins
- Plugin Overview
- What are plugins, what are some popular plugins, what’s the “plugin repository”
- How to decide if a plugin is “good”, and why “good” matters
- Premium Plugins + “Extensions”: where they fit in
- Using popular plugins such as backups, caching, security, under construction, redirection, Yoast SEO & Analytics, Jetpack, WooCommerce & more
- Using Gutenberg vs Classic Editor
Beginners Wordpress or equivalent knowledge.
Class Starting Wednesday, December 11
- Wednesday, December 11, 6:00PM- 9:00PM
- Monday, December 16, 6:00PM- 9:00PM
Classroom: Community Room
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Wordpress classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Digital Workshop Center, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 16, 2019.