EKG Technicians are responsible for performing electrocardiogram tests in order to monitor and record electrical impulses transmitted by the
What You'll Get
EKG Technicians are responsible for performing electrocardiogram tests in order to monitor and record electrical impulses transmitted by the heart. These tests include basic EKGs, Holter Monitoring (portable EKG which records activity for 24-48 hrs.), 12 lead placement and Stress Tests (treadmill). They assist a physician in diagnosing and treating cardiac and blood vessel irregularities.
This course will include important practice and background information on anatomy of the heart and physiology, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contact, the Holter monitor, electrocardiography and echocardiography.
Additionally, students will practice with equipment and perform hands-on labs including introduction to the function and proper use of the EKG machine, the normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement, 12-lead placement and other clinical practices. EKG Technicians also analyze printed readings of EKG tests, measuring various “cardiac intervals and complexes” and determining normal vs. abnormal EKG.
Job Outlook: EKG Technicians work in physician offices, hospitals, clinics, and other health care facilities and organizations. EKG Technicians also work for insurance companies to establish health and life insurance policies. Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for EKG Technicians is expected to continue to grow substantially. The median wage in 2014 for EKG Technicians in California is $30.26/hr.
Certification: This comprehensive 50 hour EKG Technician Certification Program prepares students to function as EKG Technicians and to take the American Society of Phlebotomy Technician (ASPT) – Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician exam in addition to other National Certification Exams.
- Room numbers are provided to students once the registration is completed.
- Students can purchase a semester parking permit from the Community Services Office for $10 or purchase a daily permit from the dispensing machines at each parking lot/structure for $2.
Class Starting Saturday, October 05
- Saturday, October 05, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, October 12, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, October 19, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, October 26, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, November 02, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, November 09, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, November 16, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, November 23, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, December 07, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
- Saturday, December 14, 8:00AM- 1:00PM
No class on 11/30/2019
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Medical classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, East Los Angeles College, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 14, 2019.