Learn how to maximize your time as you sketch and draw the landscapes during your travels. Emphasis includes how to extract your vision from
What You'll Get
Learn how to maximize your time as you sketch and draw the landscapes during your travels. Emphasis includes how to extract your vision from the landscape using elements of composition; how to render basic forms of the landscape and incorporate line, gesture, and value; and how to add color. Using water-based pens and colored pencils, you will begin your own travel sketchbooks using inspirational travel photos. Water-soluble sketch pens will be available for purchase from the instructor.
- A sketchbook with good drawing/watercolor paper; cold press; no bigger than 8” X 10. I like a HORIZONTAL oriented pad with a side spiral, approximately 6” X 9”.
- Waterbased (aquarelle) pencils. Prismacolor is preferred (the leads are softer & are more fully pigmented); Derwent or Berol are also fine. Please bring a set of at least 24 or bigger. I recommend the biggest set you feel comfortable purchasing! Try to avoid student –grade pencils; they lack pigment/coverage (Reeves; Crayola; Prismacolor Scholar series are examples).
- There is also a colored pencil on the market called “Inktense” by Derwent, they come in a set of 12; you can SUPPLEMENT with these; they are OPTIONAL.
- Colored Pencils; Prismacolor Premier preferred; larger sets recommended.
- Small soft nylon bristle brushes, a flat and a round.
- Non-permanent black ink pens. My favorite is a brand by Staedler called LUMOCOLOR. These pens will be available for you to purchase from the instructor. They will be packaged in sets of three: M, F, S.
- A GENERAL sketchbook for use with GRAPHITE PENCILS
- Graphite pencils for sketching, softer leads 3b, 4b, 5b
- Your photos of past travels that include landscape
- Cardboard to mount the photos, white artists tape
- White paper we can tear or cut into strips for mounting the photos
- Small container for water
Class Starting Tuesday, October 22
- Tuesday, October 22, 6:30PM- 9:30PM
- Tuesday, October 29, 6:30PM- 9:30PM
- Tuesday, November 05, 6:30PM- 9:30PM
- Tuesday, November 12, 6:30PM- 9:30PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Sketch classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Evanston Art Center, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 12, 2019.