Render flowers richly and beautifully in oil paints! Discover how to achieve vibrant, confident-looking artworks that convey a sense of ligh
What You'll Get
Render flowers richly and beautifully in oil paints! Discover how to achieve vibrant, confident-looking artworks that convey a sense of light, shadow, and sculptural form. Color mixing and brush stroke application will also be a major focus, to avoid muddiness and over-blending.
You will start with a paint-along demonstration, then work on your own choice of subject.
*Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Colours: all 37 ml size tubes except for white, which can be larger
- Titanium White
- Winsor Blue (Green Shade) or PthaloTurquoise
- French Ultramarine
- Permanent Alizarin
- Quinacridone Red
- Permanent Rose
- Cadmium Red
- Winsor Orange
- Winsor Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Burnt Sienna
- Lamp Black
Paint Palette for oil painting (must be flat without texture or wells), approx 12” x 16”
- Bristle Brushes: sizes 2, 3 and 4 filbert
- sizes 3 and 6 bright
- Synthetic brushes: size 0 round for details and signing
- diamond-shaped, metal tool end should be approx 2.5 cm (1”).
- Odorless solvent (e.g. Weber Odorless Turpenoid) smallest bottle size available
- refined linseed oil (4.2 fl oz / 125 ml); Winsor & Newton 'Liquin Original' (small)
- Weber Turpenoid Natural, approx. 1 litre, or other non-toxic cleaner; brush soap
- Portable easel for floor or table (check whether the venue already has easels)
- 3 primed boards or canvases (ready to paint on), from 12” square (30.5 cm) to 16”x 20” (40.5 x 51 cm)
- Small width cling wrap (10” - 12” ideal)
- craft apron or other protective clothing such as old shirt
- Viva paper towels
- 2 glass jars with lids, approx. 6”+ high x 3” diameter, that brushes can stand up in without tipping over
Please Note: Classes and workshops may be cancelled if enrollment minimums are not reached. You will be notified by telephone at least 3 days prior to the scheduled start date should cancellation become necessary.
Class Starting Wednesday, October 30
- Wednesday, October 30, 9:30AM- 12:30PM
- Wednesday, November 06, 9:30AM- 12:30PM
- Wednesday, November 13, 9:30AM- 12:30PM
- Wednesday, November 20, 9:30AM- 12:30PM
- Wednesday, December 04, 9:30AM- 12:30PM
No classes on November 27.
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Oil Painting classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Evanston Art Center, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 4, 2019.