The keyboard that you type on, Siri, email, audio books, captions on Facebook videos, remote controls – these were all originally designed
What You'll Get
The keyboard that you type on, Siri, email, audio books, captions on Facebook videos, remote controls – these were all originally designed for people with disabilities, yet they significantly changed everyone's world.
Often, as designers we get so caught up in accessible legal standards and the WCAG that we don’t realize just how powerful designing for disability can be – if done right. Why does designing for disability work? As humans, we are always wanting more – to go further, see more, be faster, to do more. We're in the perpetual pursuit of super abilities. When we solve for disability we are solving for the super abilities that we all want.
This workshop will not teach you about the WCAG. It will teach you how to harness the power of inclusive design and why top companies like Google, Microsoft and Adobe are starting to use this powerful tool and shift in thinking.
- Understand what inclusive design is and how it's used in known products/services
- Explore how inclusive design saves you time and money and allows you to leapfrog your competition
- Learn how to identify which disabilities are relevant to the problem that you are solving
- Understand the principles of inclusive concept generation
- Learn how to conduct user research with people with disabilities
A computer will not be provided
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Design classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, General Assembly, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 14, 2020.