What You'll Get
Get creative with Photoshop.
Step into the world of visual design with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore Photoshop, a powerful tool used by visual designers, marketers, and UX/UI professionals around the world. These techniques can be used to bring websites, marketing materials, and more to life. Have you always wondered about the difference between "raster" and "vector?" And how Photoshop deals with each? How do layers work, and how about typography and colorspaces? And what about photo editing? Part lecture, part activity, this workshop will let you jump in and start using Photoshop today.
Working through a series of guided demos, you’ll:
- Touch on essential design principles including composition, color theory, and typography.
- Learn the basics of Photoshop and how to use it.
- Replicate an artifact using layers, tools, and more.
- Survey today’s digital design landscape and its career opportunities.
- Familiarize yourself with Photoshop, a standard tool in digital design.
- Describe the fundamentals of digital design.
- Apply select design fundamentals into a digital design (create a homepage screen using Photoshop)
- Articulate the current design landscape, including careers and opportunities to learn more about the topic area.
Students need to have the Photoshop trial downloaded and ready to go.
Download the creative brief and class assets before the class. Students will be expected to have Photoshop and activity assets downloaded on their computers ahead of time.
A computer will not be provided
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Photoshop classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, General Assembly, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information