Python is a versatile and widely-used programming language with many applications. This workshop explores Python’s place in the scientific e
What You'll Get
Python is a versatile and widely-used programming language with many applications. This workshop explores Python's place in the scientific ecosystem, and how the language, with several readily-available open-source libraries, can serve as a powerful tool for data analysis. Designed as a stand-alone introduction to the data science aspects of Python, this class is also a recommended refresher for students planning to enroll in General Assembly's upcoming Data Science course. The course is hands-on and exercise based, so students will get plenty of practice.
- Ability to write and run Python scripts
- Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
- Understanding of Python’s role as a tool in the backend and analysis toolkits
- Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
- General technical savvy, and comfort with computers
- Some prior experience with use of computers for analysis or repetitive tasks – such as Excel
- Installation of Anaconda for Python 3.6, which is a free distribution of python that includes libraries of open source python tools (http://continuum.io/downloads).
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Python classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, General Assembly, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print