Have an idea for an app or website, but been frustrated trying to communicate it to others?Enter Sketch. Unlike the bloated tools it replace
What You'll Get
Have an idea for an app or website, but been frustrated trying to communicate it to others?
Enter Sketch. Unlike the bloated tools it replaces (see: Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch is a simple, powerful design tool made specifically for those who design for screens. It has taken the UI/UX design world by storm and designers worldwide have already made the switch.
Why should you, the non-designer, care? Sketch lets you express your product ideas visually, with its intuitive interface. You’ll be able to vividly share your concepts with potential customers, collaborators, and investors.
In this hands-on class, we will take you from knowing nothing about design to creating your first clickable prototype and previewing it on your mobile phone and exporting files for a developer. (PS: While this class doesn’t assume any design background, existing UX/UI designers who want to make the switch to Sketch are most welcome.)
- Familiarize yourself with the interface
- How to set up a project file for desktop and mobile design
- Understand basic design principles using grids, typography, and color theory.
- Learn basic prototyping skills with Sketch.
- Share your ideas and create a clickable wireframe.
- Please bring your Mac laptop with you; this is a very hands-on class. While we love our PC friends, Sketch is Mac-only at the moment.
- Please download a free trial to Sketch and sign up for a free InVision account before class starts. Download and register here: https://www.sketchapp.com/
You must bring a Mac computer to this workshop. Sketch is Mac-only.
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for UX classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, General Assembly, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 19, 2019.