The Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual need
What You'll Get
The Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown. Students also learn to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments. Hands-on exercises and projects introduce essential techniques for creating sessions, recording and importing audio and MIDI, editing session media, navigating sessions and arranging media on tracks, and using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalize a production. Included with the course material is a download of media files and Pro Tools sessions to accompany the exercises and projects in the text. Together with the second course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), this course provides the foundation training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
Audience: This course is designed for both new and experienced Pro Tools users seeking to build a solid foundational understanding of the software.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a Pro Tools session document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document
- Incorporate proper recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment
- Analyze and interpret session file structures
- Recognize and navigate the user interface and tool set
- No experience with Avid Pro Tools software is required.
- A working knowledge of Windows or Mac operating system.
- Basic audio recording and DAW knowledge, such as a familiarity with microphones, understanding of basic audio and MIDI recording techniques, knowledge of basic multi-track mixing concepts (such as setting levels and panning), and familiarity with digital audio equipment such as MIDI controllers and audio interfaces is recommended.
Class Starting Saturday, September 28
- Saturday, September 28, 9:00AM- 6:00PM
- Sunday, September 29, 9:00AM- 6:00PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Pro Tools classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Key Code Education, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 29, 2019.