This course emphasizes an academic approach to painting the live figure and the various techniques used for rendering three-dimensional form
What You'll Get
This course emphasizes an academic approach to painting the live figure and the various techniques used for rendering three-dimensional form. Through long pose, you will be given ample time to study the shapes, values of the figure.Teens/adults & All levels ok.
What you will learn:
Learn to block in the figure using simple values
Learn to work with a limited palette of colors
Learn how to mix skin tones
Learn to paint the figure in a representational style
Continue to refine your style and perfect your proportions with each class
This essential practice presents the ultimate challenge to the artist and once mastered, opens up a world of possibilities.
Whether you aim to become the next great figurative artist or just find joy in the process of drawing, this course will set you on your path and will give you the tools you need to create a successful body of work!
This course emphasizes the academic approach to drawing the figure from life and the various techniques and mediums used for rendering three-dimensional form. Composed of two and three week poses, each student will be given ample time to study the shapes, values and edges of the figure and explore different techniques.
MATERIALS ARE NOT INCLUDED!!
YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN SUPPLIES.
*NO TURPENTINE IS ALLOWED IN THE STUDIOS BECAUSE OF THE FUMES
(YOU CAN USE ODORLESS THOUGH)
*PLEASE HAVE EVERYTHING READY TO GO ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS
These are the colors and brands the instructor uses specifically for each color. Students may use a different brand if they'd like.
- Lead White No.2 - Natural Pigments
- Blue Ridge yellow Ochre - Natural Pigments
- Bone Black - Natural Pigments
- Cadmium Red Scarlet - Old Holland
- Burnt Umber - Old Holland
Mediums and Spirits
- Gamblin “Gamsol” 100% pure odorless mineral spirits
- Medium – Linseed oil
- Bristle Brushes- Robert Simmons (Signet) – filberts 1,2,4,7
- Soft Brushes - VariousSizes ranging in between 0-6.
Brush brands recommended are Rosemary (Mongoose), Winsor and Newton (university round series 235), Langnickel (Roayal Sable and Royal Sabletek) purchase these brushes in Filberts and Rounds. You don’t have to purchase 0 through 6.
- 11x14 minimum size, gessoed wood panel.
- Glass palette with grey tone underneath. You can cut a piece of grey toned paper and attach it to the back.
- Masterson Sta-Wet Palette Seal Airtight Palette Storage. This will allow for easy travel with a glass palette and keep paint wet for at least a week.
- Small container for oil
- Palette Knife
- Blue shop towels (can be found at home depot) or a roll of paper towels
- Artria Steel Brush Bath with Sealed Lids - Sealable Brush Washer
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Figure Painting classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Kline Academy of Fine Art, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print