This 8-week class is for directors of all levels to dive into the process of getting a play into rehearsal and on its feet.This class might.
What You'll Get
This 8-week class is for directors of all levels to dive into the process of getting a play into rehearsal and on its feet.
This class might be for you if:
You are a director at any level who wants to refine your process of bringing a script to life on stage, step-by-step.
In this class you will:
- Focus on a single play as a class, breaking down the text to define your individual vision for the piece.
- This semester’s play is Aristophanes’ Lysistrata. You will receive translation options to read before class begins, so this class is appropriate for both directors who are familiar with this work and for those who have never read it before.
- Once your vision is articulated, refine it through exercises in design, casting, and other pre-work.
- Each director will be assigned one scene from the play to stage.
- You will each put your scene on its feet with actors, exploring what it means to be in the rehearsal room and learning to communicate effectively, allowing actors to marry their instincts with the production's overall vision.
Class Starting Tuesday, February 18
- Tuesday, February 18, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, February 25, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, March 03, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, March 10, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, March 17, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, March 31, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, April 07, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, April 14, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, April 21, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
- Tuesday, April 28, 6:30PM- 10:30PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Theater classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Primary Stages ESPA, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 28, 2020.