This 2-day workshop will focus on the core elements of writing a 1-hour dramatic series spec script—based on an existing series—from pre
What You'll Get
This 2-day workshop will focus on the core elements of writing a 1-hour dramatic series spec script—based on an existing series—from premise to outline to completed teleplay.
This workshop might be for you if you:
- Are a writer who has written in other formats and want to learn the fundamentals of writing a 1-hour teleplay.
- Want to eventually write an original 1-hour drama pilot.
- Are ready to be challenged in a classroom environment that will be conducted like a professional TV series writing room.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to analyze elements of a television series, including character resumes, storylines, escalating conflicts, stakes, and act breaks.
- Learn the craft of writing to those goals and outcomes.
- Pitch A and B storylines that are unique to your chosen series.
- Receive feedback and response to your work from the group and the instructor.
- Read outlines and scripts of existing series and be able to breakdown A, B, and C stories.
- Understand the craft of escalating stakes, intruding conflict into scenes, building tension, earned behaviors, planting seeds, and payoffs.
- Be able to give and receive useful feedback to other students’ work.
- Have the tools to write your outline into a fully realized teleplay.
- Be ready to take the Writing the Original 1-Hour Pilot class, to be offered next semester.
Class Starting Saturday, January 18
- Saturday, January 18, 10:00AM- 3:00PM
- Sunday, January 19, 10:00AM- 3:00PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Writing classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Primary Stages ESPA, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 19, 2020.