This eye-opening workshop teaches students how be technologically safe and savvy in our world where the Internet records everything. As we.
What You'll Get
This eye-opening workshop teaches students how be technologically safe and savvy in our world where the Internet records everything. As we interact more and more online, it's essential to be aware of the wonders of the digital world as well as its pitfalls. What we put online leaves a digital footprint that lasts forever, making it imperative for kids to know how to interact on the world wide web.
Kids will be equipped with critical skills and knowledge to interact appropriately via smartphones and the Internet.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Appropriate vs. inappropriate smart-phone use: talking, texting, applications
- Social Networking, online chatting and gaming
- Pausing before posting
- Cyberbullying and digital “drama” (Bullies, bystanders, & victims)
- Dangers of over-sharing information
- How to make an efficient, private password
- Friendship, self-esteem, and boundaries in the digital world
- Time management - ensuring life isn’t solely spent interacting virtually
- How to talk to a parent/adult if you encounter a problem
- How to appropriately write and respond to emails with friends vs. adults
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Kids Life Skills classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, socialsklz:-), in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 20, 2019.